The Assessing Department is responsible for the annual valuation of all real and personal property in the Town of Scarborough. The Assessing Department maintains property information for approximately 10,000 real estate accounts and 1,000 business personal property accounts. This involves inspecting properties, updating tax maps, tracking ownership changes, and analyzing sales to estimate the current market value of all property. You can view your property information, and your current assessment, on the Vision Online Assessing Database.
Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Information
- The mill rate is $15.02 per $1,000 of valuation for Fiscal Year 2022. The Fiscal Year runs from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
- Tax bills are due October 15, 2021 (6.0%) and March 15, 2022 (interest rate 6.0%)
- Assessments are as of April 1, 2021 and were committed on August 12, 2021. The current assessment ratio for Scarborough is certified at 100%.
- 2021-2022 Assessor's Report to the Town Council (PDF)
- Tax Commitment Report - Fiscal Year 2022 (PDF)
2021-2022 Tax Commitment
Each year, the Assessing Department reviews properties for any changes and finalizes assessments for the Fiscal Year. Once assessments are finalized, the tax lists are sent to the Tax Collector to be processed for billing. This annual process is called “commitment.”
FY 2021-2022 assessments were committed on August 12, 2021. The mill rate is $15.02 per $1,000 valuation for taxes due on October 15, 2021 and March 15, 2022. Fall tax bills were sent out in August, 2021.
Please note that because assessments are as of April 1, any changes to a property since then, including changes in ownership, will not be reflected online. Although assessments have been finalized, property owners are always welcome to review their property information and reach out to us with any questions.
Learn more about the process for determining the 2021-2022 tax rate.