Fire & Rescue
The Scarborough Fire Department’s mission is to provide a range of progressive programs and compassionate, prompt, professional services designed to protect the lives and property of all who live, work, and visit our community from the adverse effects of fires, medical emergencies and exposure to other dangerous conditions through education, prevention, and incident stabilization.
We accomplish this mission by maintaining a well equipped, highly trained, and motivated force of professional fire fighters and rescue personnel who respond to the emergency needs of the community while promoting safety, fire prevention, and other public safety education programs.
Public Safety Classroom Reservation
The Scarborough Fire Department will continuously strive to meet the changing needs of our community by:
- Being committed to our values, mission, and dedication to our fire service profession.
- Being accountable to those we serve, each other, and all organizations we interact with.
- Being role models in the community and leaders in our profession.
- Being driven to provide a cost effective and efficient fire protection and EMS service while honoring our values, accomplishing our mission, and achieving our goals.
- Providing outstanding public service with respect, honesty and integrity, through the use of modern technology, innovative training, advanced equipment, and responsive actions.
- Leading our department into the future through productive teamwork, open and honest communications, and participative decision-making throughout the organization.