The five core vision statements from the plan are:
- The Scarborough Marsh is central to the Town’s identity, and therefore future land use will follow a pattern of development that is sensitive to protecting the Marsh as well as the town’s natural resources.
- Future land use patterns will create opportunities for the efficient delivery of municipal services and infrastructure, resulting in fiscal sustainability.
- Our ordinances will support the diversity and character of existing and emerging neighborhoods, centers and open spaces.
- Scarborough’s economy will support a broad assortment of businesses that provide stability for the tax base, that respects natural resource base, and that support opportunities for residents.
- Scarborough’s transportation network will support current and future land uses that create efficiencies which reduce the impact of traffic on residents and businesses.